Human Capital and Training Solutions (HCaTS) is a Government-Wide, Multiple Award, Indefinite-Delivery, Indefinite-Quantity (MAIDIQ) task order contract vehicle for customized training and development services, customized human capital strategy services, and customized organizational performance. improvement services.
Sponsored by the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) and U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM), HCaTS is designed to provide customized total solutions for complex human capital and training requirements as opposed to commercial off-the-shelf products that can be purchased through other available contract vehicles.
Task Areas & Capabilities
HCaTS consists of three Key Service Areas (KSA):
- Customized Training and Development Services
- Customized Human Capital Strategy Services
- Customized Organizational Performance Improvement
CSRA’s Approach to Customized Training Solutions
Federal agencies face increased pressure to expand service requirements while tightening budgets and complying with emerging federal human capital mandates. These challenges are compounded by continuous changes in policy, technology, and expectations of a multi-generational workforce within the federal agencies. Keeping these geographically dispersed employees engaged and on task in today’s dynamic workplace requires agencies to transition from conventional training to strategic learning that aligns with their overall business imperatives.
We work with clients to establish a training strategy tailored to their agencies business needs. We conduct training situational analysis, job and task analysis to understand the real need before investments are made. Our instructional designers and developers employ an Agile ADDIE methodology for instructor led, virtual instructor led, computer and web based, blended training. We bring certified evaluation teams to validate the impact of learning to performance in the workplace.
CSRA's Customized Training Solutions Capabilities
- Learning Program Analysis - We conduct training situational analyses, develop cost-benefit analyses, economic & statistical models, business cases and white papers; to help learning organizations determine their most effective options for improving performance and for using their training investments wisely.
- Learning Program Management (LPMO) - Our LPMO processes and tools, combined with personnel who have extensive experience running both small and very large learning organizations, help our customers manage the planning and delivery of training.
- Technology-Enabled Training Solutions - Our Instructional Designers and developers provide learning solutions that cover the entire spectrum from instructor-led (in-person and virtual) to eLearning, including very high end gaming, simulations and virtual world modules.
- Train-the-Trainer (T3) - Our training experts develop T3 sessions to train others on class content and often to empower customer SMEs to become competent trainers within their agency. We utilize industry-recognized certifications to ensure our trainers are well-prepared and confident in front of their classrooms, virtual or in-person.
- Performance Support Solutions - Most adult learning takes place outside the classroom – we help organizations design, develop and deploy solutions that provide just-in-time learning to support employees at their precise moment of need.
- Training Program Evaluation - Our Kirkpatrick® certified evaluation team designs and implements evaluation strategies that help the learning organization gauge how well their learning solutions are impacting performance – and what they can do to improve their results.
- CSRA’s Approach to Customized Human Capital Management - Federal organizations are facing the reality of declining budgets, diminishing staff allocations, and program consolidation mandates, creating new demands and the need to streamline operations. Performing under these conditions requires organizations to address broad human capital challenges to continue to deliver mission outcomes:
- Designing, facilitating, and managing efficient, results-oriented, and mission-aligned programs
- Attracting, motivating, and retaining a well-qualified, engaged, and productive workforce
- Demonstrating value of human capital investments to the organization, the workforce, and the public
CSRA’s approach to customized Human Capital Management begins with the systematic analysis of the work that employees perform and the capabilities required to do it. We design, implement, and evaluate specific programs to improve individual and organizational performance, including workforce planning, skill certification and assessment, talent engagement, career development, performance management, and succession planning.
CSRA's Customized Human Capital Management Capabilities
- Human Capital Research and Evaluation - We partner with our customers to ensure that all human capital systems are grounded in robust research and evaluation methodologies to ensure that human capital investments are demonstrably efficient, effective, and valuable; and provide relevant, reliable, and timely data for informed decision-making.
- Competency Modeling - Competencies, the capabilities employees need to perform work, are the backbone of any human capital system. We have developed a systematic method for developing competency models that reflect the unique requirements of each organization while, at the same time, minimizing the time demands on the organization’s employees.
- Workforce Planning - Proactive, systematic workforce planning is essential to anticipate the loss of performance through employee attrition and to accurately project knowledge, skill, and ability requirements necessary to prepare, sustain, and drive seamless performance across the organization. We partner with federal organizations to identify their future states, assess their workforces against future requirements, and implement tailored solutions to close the identified gaps.
- Customized Career Development - Increasingly, federal organizations must compete with private sector employers to attract and retain high performing employees. Customized career development is a key benefit these employees expect from an employer. We create prioritized talent programs that help employees chart their own course through an organization and provide concise, actionable guidance for employees to pursue their chosen paths.
- Alternative Personnel Systems - CSRA is the industry leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating alternative personnel systems. These systems give federal employers an alternative to the General Schedule that assesses each employee’s contribution to the organization and sets pay based on individual performance and/or market conditions so that high performing federal employees are recognized.
In 2007, SRA formalized its commitment to environmental stewardship and officially launched the Go Green initiative. Since then, we have applied sustainability practices to many of our business operations and have identified, assessed, and implemented initiatives to help us operate more efficiently and with a lighter environmental footprint.
To be even more responsive and competitive in a changing business landscape, and with our federal clients ramping up their sustainability efforts under Executive Order 13693 (and previously under Executive Order 13514), SRA has taken many steps to enhance SRA Go Green:
- Adopted a corporate-wide environmental management policy to formally document SRA's commitment to sustainability
- Appointed a Corporate Sustainability Director to promote and encourage environmental management and sustainability choices and practices throughout all facets of the organization
- Initiated a training program for Go Green and corporate sustainability