In this three-part broadcast, moderated by Federal News Radio Executive Editor Jason Miller, panelists, including CSRA Cyber Director Dr. Matthew McFadden, discuss the cyber challenges federal agencies face when they have a mix of on-premise and commercial cloud infrastructures.
Hybrid computing environments have advantages, as the public cloud offers cost-effective flexibility and agility. But keeping mission-critical data on-premise or in a government-only commercial cloud provides assurance that systems are secure.
Yet these dual environments create challenges, such as maintaining line-of-sight across two systems and securing mobile devices—a major concern for cyber professionals.
Listen as panelists discuss approaches agencies might consider to address these issues. Panelists include:
- Marlon Andrews, Deputy Chief Information Officer, National Archives and Records Administration
- Guy Cavallo, Deputy Chief Information Officer, Small Business Administration
- Jay Huie, Director, Secure Cloud Portfolio, Technology Transformation Service, U.S. General Services Administration
- Susie Adams, Chief Technology Officer, Microsoft Federal
- Dr. Matthew McFadden, Cybersecurity Director, CSRA
Listen to the full broadcast on federalnewsradio.com.