Why Shared Services?
Government agencies are actively redefining the way they do business by utilizing new service delivery models to more effectively manage costs, improve performance, increase customer satisfaction and deliver mission support services. Many of them are looking to adopt next-generation delivery models, such as Shared Services and Integrated Service Delivery, to provide a wide array of business services: Human Resources, Budget, Accounting and Financial Management, Information Technology, Procurement, Business Support Services, and Facilities Management.
CSRA designs, develops, and operates Shared Service centers for our clients. Our approach features a continuous improvement cycle to enhance service and reduce costs; integrates a consistent focus on quality; provides performance transparency, offers cost visibility through unit/transaction pricing; and incorporates a formal governance model. CSRA has designed, implemented, and successfully operated a full service, federal Shared Services Center for more than a decade, and we leverage this experience to deliver solutions that best meet our clients’ needs. By adopting Shared Services, agencies are seeing significant results:
- Lower operating costs through economies of scale
- Faster adoption/adaptation of new technologies and security measures
- Flexible and scalable operations allowing for provider and customer agility
- Pay-for-use, replacing large capital equipment/facility investments with more predictable operating expenses
- Data-driven performance management
- Increased cyber security using fewer systems that are easier and more cost-efficient to protect and update